Friday, January 25, 2008

What to do...

Okay, I think this is our first big, tough decision. My mom has been talking about going on a family cruise for a long time and now she has found one she wants to do. The only problem is that it is October 2008. She really wants the whole family to go but how is this going to fly with our year of simple living? Ugh! Why couldn't it be 3 months later? The thing that stinks is that it is such a good deal and a good time because everyone is still in the country (my brothers and their wives would both like to go overseas soon). This may be one of the last chances we would get to do something like this...maybe ever. I hate to be a disappointment to my family because we are only ones not going. But going just feels like cheating...big time. I think I have to feel out my mom. It is one thing to disappoint her. I can handle that. It's another thing to have her be mad at me. I know, I'm weak.

I think my parents are going to be the hardest thing about this year. I love them but they keep trying to take us out to eat or buy us things because they know we are not allowed to buy it for ourselves. That's not the point! They are so wonderful and generous and just don't want to see us suffering, but we are not suffering and we are doing this so that we can grow. I know, I know...it must be soooo tough to have parents like that. I consider myself very lucky and blessed. I am so thankful for the generosity of my parents. Sometimes they are just too generous though!

No comments:

Post a Comment